Located in Nelson, BC, The Civic Theatre is a venue run by the Nelson Civic Theatre Society (NCTS), a non-profit organization dedicated to the presentation and development of a wide variety of cinematic and media experiences in our historic venue, and to the betterment of the community we serve.
Our theatre currently features a 306-seat auditorium with a top-notch digital projector and 7.1 Surround Sound. We present a wide variety of films, ranging from current blockbusters to local independent films, and all sorts of offerings in between.
We are also a rental facility, and throughout the year we are pleased to host local and visiting presentations from bands to book launches, as well as film presentations by other groups.
We are a proud supporter of our local community. Throughout the year we offer special events and donated nights to our community for everything from meetings to screenings, making our overall activity much more diverse than at your average cinema.
In short, we are much more than a movie theatre. We hope to see you in the lobby soon!
ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
Our 2019 Annual General Meeting will be held on Sunday, December 8 at 12:30pm. At this AGM we will be addressing some changes to our bylaws:
The new BC Societies Act came into effect at the end of 2016. While we have been in compliance with the new Act, we have taken time to review our bylaws so that they more closely reflect the changes in the Act. This has involved primarily a paring down and simplification of language. Click here to view our bylaws. Amendments which address significant changes in the BC Societies Act are highlighted in red in this draft. At the AGM, we will be asking the membership to rescind the existing and adopt the revised bylaws.
Click to read all the notes and details for our 2019 Annual General Meeting.
- Eleanor Stacey, Executive Director
- Jason Asbell, Programming Director
- Amanda Ball, Operations Manager
- Jess Phillips, Development Associate
- May Tin, Marketing Director
- Noah Daigle, Development & Marketing Assistant
- Devon Caron, Front of House Supervisor, Staffing and Training
- Jessi Cherry, Front of House Supervisor, Concession and Sales
- Aeja Goldsmith, Screen-Based Industry Community Coordinator
- Lynn Trinh, Screen-Based Industry Program Manager
- Michael Dill, House Technician and Custodian
- Andromeda Drake, Bookkeeper
Board Of Directors
Are you interested in helping to shape the growth and future of the Nelson Civic Theatre Society (NCTS)? If so, please consider applying to serve on the Board of Directors.
- Jan Wright, President
- Ainsley Mackie, Vice-President
- John Brand, Treasurer
- Don Johnston, Secretary
- Gretchen Jordan-Bastow
- Graeme Leadbeater
- Brian May
- Marilyn Mint
- Anitra Winje
- Carlo Alcos
- Kumar Banerjee