Where is The Civic Theatre drive-in?
Pit parking lot beside Salvation Army, behind Whitewater office, Between Hall street and Josephine. From Hall street turn onto Lake and then Josephine. Please click here to see the location on Google Maps. There will be signs to direct you on the night.
When will you be screening drive-in movies?
Our plan for the drive-in theatre is to show films from Wednesday – Sunday each week. Films will start at 9:30 PM as we need to wait till it gets dark to properly project movies onto the wall. Every Saturday, we will also aim to host a “midnight movie” screening of a cult classic film. Please stay tuned on Facebook for all drive-in movie updates as it’s the best place for us to share the latest news and information!
When do tickets go on sale?
Our drive-in theatre is weather dependent so tickets will become available just a few days before each show. Please keep an eye on our Facebook page for announcements.
How do I buy tickets?
Please visit our ticketing site to purchase tickets for the drive-in theatre. To buy tickets, just click on the session time listed in the grey box. Please note: make sure to double-check the session time of your ticket before purchasing.
How much is a ticket?
Please visit our ticketing site to purchase tickets for the drive-in theatre. Admission is $25 per car. Although you have the option to fill all your car seats with patrons, we recommend two people per car for the best viewing experience. All drive-in patrons must arrive at the parking lot already inside the car. You will not be allowed on-site on foot, meaning that you can’t walk in and join a car later.
Can I exchange or refund my ticket?
We will not be offering refunds or exchanges for other screenings. If the show is cancelled due to inclement weather, we will send out an email with information on how to use your ticket for another show.
Can I bring my own snacks?
Yes, you’re welcome to bring your own snacks! We are also selling popcorn and drinks combos that you can pre-purchase on our ticketing site. Please note: alcohol and smoking are prohibited at the drive-in theatre. If you are found to be drinking alcohol or smoking you will be asked to leave the premises.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE SCREENING
Where do I collect my popcorn/drinks?
Drive-by concession pick up will take place at The Civic Theatre. Stop by the front of the cinema to pick up your pre-purchased concession items. Available between 8:15pm-9:15pm on screening nights. THERE IS CURRENTLY NO CONCESSION AVAILABLE FOR OUR “MIDNIGHT MOVIES.”
How do I listen to the movie’s sound?
Tune your car radio into the radio frequency we provide for you on the night of the show.
What are the parking rules?
- The parking lot will open 1 HOUR BEFORE THE SHOW. Please try to come early to make parking easier for everyone. Parking will be decided upon at the lot attendant’s discretion.
- The parking lot will close 10 MINUTES BEFORE SHOWTIME. Please do not show up late as you will not be permitted to enter.
- The decision to direct your car to a specific space is at the discretion of the lot staff.
- Once parked, you may not drive away until instructed by event staff.
- There are NO BATHROOMS AVAILABLE, plan accordingly.
- There are no garbage receptacles and all garbage must be taken with you when you leave.
- No engine idling
What are the social distancing rules?
- Due to poor sightlines from the back seat passengers in the back will be allowed to sit in front of or on their vehicle. Spaces have been set to allow for social distancing if outside the vehicle. We will be enforcing social distancing.
- If you have two people or less you are required to stay within your car for the duration of the film.
- Your vehicle’s left side windows may be opened fully. The right windows may be cracked no more than 2” to allow for better airflow.
- When outside your vehicle, please be respectful of others’ space. We highly recommend staying at least 6’ away from others.
What else do I need to know for the evening?
Last but not least! Make sure to dress appropriately and bring some blankets to keep warm in your car, as idling will not be allowed.
**Filming and photography might be taking place during the event. Please fill out our contact form and let us know if you DO NOT want to take part in this.