Located in Nelson, BC, The Civic Theatre is a venue run by the Nelson Civic Theatre Society (NCTS), a non-profit organization dedicated to the presentation and development of a wide variety of cinematic and media experiences in our historic venue, and to the betterment of the community we serve.
Our theatre currently features a 306-seat auditorium with a top-notch digital projector and 7.1 Surround Sound. We present a wide variety of films, ranging from current blockbusters to local independent films, and all sorts of offerings in between.
We are also a rental facility, and throughout the year we are pleased to host local and visiting presentations from bands to book launches, as well as film presentations by other groups.
We are a proud supporter of our local community. Throughout the year we offer special events and donated nights to our community for everything from meetings to screenings, making our overall activity much more diverse than at your average cinema.
In short, we are much more than a movie theatre. We hope to see you in the lobby soon!
- Eleanor Stacey, Executive Director
- Jason Asbell, Theatre Manager and Programmer
- Aimee Boehmke, Operations Manager and Rentals Coordinator
- Devon Caron, Front of House Supervisor, Staffing and Training
- Jessi Cherry, Front of House Supervisor, Concession and Sales
- Aeja Goldsmith, Screen-Based Industry Community Coordinator
- Kelsey Baerg, Development Associate
- Andromeda Drake, Bookkeeper
- Michael Dill, House Technician and Custodian
Board Of Directors
- Jan Wright, President
- Ainsley Mackie, Vice-President
- John Brand, Treasurer
- Don Johnston, Secretary
- Gretchen Jordan-Bastow
- Graeme Leadbeater
- Brian May
- Marilyn Mint
- Anitra Winje
Are you interested in helping to shape the growth and future of the Nelson Civic Theatre Society (NCTS)? If so, please consider applying to serve on the Board of Directors.