What are virtual cinema screenings?
Virtual cinema screenings are ticketed screenings of films unavailable on any other video on demand platform that viewers can enjoy from the privacy of their own home. Once a customer purchases a ticket they will receive access to a temporary film rental.
How can viewers enjoy a virtual screening?
Audiences can access the links through the Civic Theatre Website homepage. These will take you to the various viewing platforms where tickets can be purchased.
How does this support independent theaters?
Virtual screenings allow theaters to keep programming films, even when their doors are closed. A portion of each ticket sale will go directly to the buyer’s local art house cinema.
How do I play this on my TV?
You can cast the film to your TV if you have an Apple TV, Smart TV, Chromecast or Roku.
How do I cast this to my Apple TV?
You can do that using a method called AirPlay! Here is how to do it:
- Open the movie on your iPhone or iPad
- At the bottom right of the video window you should see the AirPlay icon.
- Once you tap the icon, select “Apple TV” from the list of devices
And that should be it! You can also find these instructions and more information on the Apple website.
How do I cast to my Chromecast/Roku?
You can cast a video from your computer or smart device using the following steps:
- Open the movie on your device.
- At the bottom right of the screen you should see the casting icon. It looks like this:
- Once you select that button, it should give you the option to select a nearby device, so you’d then select your Roku/Chromecast. If you don’t see your Roku/Chromecast, make sure both devices are on the same wireless network. The channel should launch automatically and playback will begin!
How do I cast to my Samsung Smart TV?
- Connect your Samsung smart TV and your device to the same Wi-Fi network
- Download the SmartThings app onto your device (Please note: if you’re using a Samsung device you may already have the SmartThings app installed)
- Open the SmartThings app
- Tap Add Device. All available devices will be displayed. If you can’t see your device, make sure that it is turned on. If it still isn’t displayed, try turning it off and on again and restarting the SmartThings app.
- Select your TV
- A PIN number may be displayed on your TV. Enter the PIN in the app. Your TV is now connected to SmartThings and you can use your device as a second remote for the TV. You can also use Smart View to mirror photos, movies and music from your device.
- Tap Smart View
- Use the menu on your device or TV to select the content you want to view
If that method doesn’t work on your TV, you can check out some of the other options on the Samsung website.
How do I cast to my LG Smart TV?
To play the film on your LG Smart TV you will need cast or screen share from a computer or mobile device. You can find instructions on how to do this on the LG website. Different devices have different processes.
What if none of these methods work to watch on my TV?
Another method to screen on your TV is to connect an HDMI from your TV to your computer. If you need further assistance please visit your device’s website.