We are hiring a part-time Development Assistant to support the Executive Director and NCTS Fundraising Committee in our efforts to secure contributed support towards operational and capital campaign goals. Duties will include researching prospective grants and donors, assisting with grant applications, managing electronic and paper mailings, maintaining electronic records, tracking gifts and pledges, writing and coordinating acknowledgement letters, and managing donor crediting and recognition in print materials and other media, as well as supporting some board relations. The Development Assistant will also offer support to the fundraising committee as they plan and execute a gala fundraising event in February 2019.
- Only applicants who are currently full-time post-secondary or high school students in an accredited program will be considered. (A student who registers for at least 60% of a regular full-time program of work each semester is classified as a full-time student.)
- A passion for community-building.
Provided the applicant demonstrates an adequate number of the preferred skills they will be considered for the position whether they are in high school or college.
- Previous fundraising, administrative/office and nonprofit experience are assets.
- Excellent oral, written communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to multitask, change focus, and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to thrive, collaborate, and adapt to change in a small and busy office in a rapidly evolving
- High degree of self-motivation and good work ethic with the ability to work under pressure.
- Familiarity with Gmail, Google Drive, and Google Docs, Sheets, and Forms apps.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office is an asset.
- Experience with database software is an asset.
- Research experience is an asset.
- Experience in WordPress and design software are assets, but not necessary.
About the Civic Theatre
In the few short years since it was reopened by the Nelson Civic Theatre Society, The Civic Theatre has become Nelson’s film centre, showing a wide variety of film, ranging from current blockbusters to local independent films, and all sorts of offerings in between, always with an eye on serving and supporting our local community. Our team of staff and volunteers is enthusiastic, detail-oriented, and visionary, with a love for cinema and a dedication to continuing to grow and improve the ways in which The Civic Theatre contributes to our local community. Join us to be a part of this exciting new chapter in Nelson’s cultural development.
Please email your cover letter, resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 9, 2018.