Encore screenings announced, back by popular demand!
In partnership with our Kootenay Screen-Based Industry (SBI) members, The Civic Theatre presents the SBI Short Films Program. We’ve had so much interest in this series following our Q&A with the filmmakers that we’ve decided to bring these local short films back to our virtual screen. Encore screenings will run from Friday May 1 – Thursday May 8. This local Short Film program is part of our Films From Home Series – a selection of cinema from our Kootenay, British Columbia and Canadian regions, while we’re all stuck at home! While we are all spending more time indoors these days, we wanted to highlight stories that are close to home. Jason (Programming Director), Aeja (SBI Community Coordinator) and Lynn (SBI Regional Manager) have hand-picked a series of films that showcases Canadian stories, and celebrates the work of filmmakers who call Canada home.
By buying a ticket for this shorts program online, you are supporting Canadian, independent cinema and helping us get through this difficult time. The filmmakers will be sharing revenue directly with The Civic Theatre. Our doors are closed but we insist that your imaginations remain open. Thank you for keeping the art of cinema alive!
For more information about our Virtual Screenings, please visit our FAQ page.
WATCH OUR SPECIAL Q&A EVENT ON FACEBOOK
Click below to purchase your tickets online and you will receive a link and password in your email inbox after 12PM. Watch anytime after 12PM that day.
ABOUT THE SHORT FILM PROGRAM
Brought to you by the Kootenay Screen-Based Industry 🎥This special curation of short films is a collective effort of local Kootenay filmmakers who have generously donated these films for public viewing. Thank you to our filmmakers and to you for supporting local film!
FEATURED SHORTS (All included in ticket):
• ‘The Thing’ by Carlo Alcos
• ‘Etude’, ‘Look At Them Run’, & ‘Why Are They Running?’ by Brian Lye
• ‘As It Were’ by Aydin Long
• ‘Soggy Flakes’ by Nathan Affolter
• ‘Library Rock’ by Amy Allcock
• ‘Hwuy’xwet Pune’luxutth’ & ‘Elizabete Ir Kanāda’ by Jason Mannings
• ‘Imagination’ & ‘Loved by All: The Story of Apa Sherpa’ by Sherpas Cinema
• ‘The Eternal Struggle’ by the Helmer Brothers
• ‘Super Sk8te’ by Gabby Asbell
• ‘Graceland’ by Aaron M. May
• ‘Get Lost. Get Found.’ by Alex Botton
• ‘Wolfpack’ by Sweetgrass Productions