This Privacy Statement (“Statement”) applies to the website located at civictheatre.ca, kootenayfilm.com, and any other websites owned and operated by The Civic Theatre that direct the viewer or user to this Statement. In this Statement, the terms ” The Civic Theatre,” “we,” and “us” refers to Nelson Civic Theatre Society dba The Civic Theatre. Websites that are owned and operated by Civic Theatre may contain links to websites that are owned and operated by other companies. This Statement does not apply to websites and services that are owned and operated by third parties.
Information We Collect
As you use our services, we collect certain information about you and the services you use. The information we collect falls into two different categories: (1) information you give us; (2) information we collect from you automatically when you use our services
Information You Give Us
We collect information you give us when you use our services. Some examples of using our “services” are when you visit our theatre box office or concession, visit one of our websites, create a Civic Theatre account, buy a gift card online, or participate in a survey or promotion. The information you give us may include your first or last name, username, password, email address, postal address, phone number, financial account information such as a credit card number, birthday, city of birth, demographics information, and any other information you choose to give us.
Information We Collect When You Use Our Services
When you use our services, we may collect information about the services you use and how you use them. This information includes:
- Purchasing Information – We may collect information about the products you buy, including where you buy products, how frequently you buy products, and the rewards earned due to a purchase.
- Device and Website Use Information – When you use a computer, tablet, smart phone or other devices to access our websites or purchase products or services via our online properties, we may collect information about the device and how you use it.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We may use the information we collect about you in a variety of ways, including:
- to process your purchases of products and services;
- to communicate with you about orders, purchases, services, accounts, programs, and contests;
- to respond to your customer service inquiries and requests for information;
- to post your comments or statements on our websites;
- to send you personalized promotions and special offers;
- to inform you about our brands, products, events, or other promotional purposes;
- to maintain and improve our sites and the products and services we offer;
- to detect, prevent, or investigate security breaches or fraud; and
- to maintain appropriate records for internal administrative purposes.
We are committed to your privacy and we do not share, sell or trade information that we gather from you. However, we work with third party service providers who offer us support services, such as credit card processing, website hosting, email delivery, location mapping, postal mail processing and delivery, and analytics services, and your information may be hosted or processed by them. Examples include Paypal, Veezi (our box office and membership system), and Mailchimp (our newsletter service). We require the companies to refrain from collecting, using and disclosing your information except when they are performing work for us or when the disclosure of your information is required by law.
Changes to This Privacy Statement
We may update this Statement from time to time. If we make material changes, we will post the updated Statement on this page and change the date at the top of this web page. We encourage you to look for updates and changes to this Statement by checking this date at the top of this web page. We will notify you of any modifications to this Statement that might materially affect the way we use or disclose your personal information prior to the change becoming effective by means of a message on this website.