We’re still open and monitoring the situation closely. The Civic Theatre staff want to make sure you all feel safe in regard to public spaces and gatherings. Please be advised that there are currently no known cases of COVID-19 in the Nelson and Kootenay Lake region, or the Kootenay Region of British Columbia.
While the Public Health Agency of Canada has assessed the current public health risk associated with COVID-19 as low, we continue to monitor developments very closely.
We want to assure you that we take the current situation surrounding the virus very seriously, and are committed to instituting the recommended actions to help protect the health of everyone. The Civic Theatre has implemented additional measures to ensure your safety as well as the safety of our team, including:
Cleaning & Hygiene
- We have increased cleaning measures of all high-traffic surfaces and high contact areas.
- We are pulling popcorn salt, spice and seasonings off the shelf. Any customers who would like seasoning on their popcorn, please ask our concession staff who will provide this for you.
- Credit card payment devices and point of sale terminals used by staff and the public are sanitized regularly.
- We encourage customers who are concerned about hygiene to bring their own hand sanitizers or disinfectant wipes. We will be providing hand sanitizer in the lobby when available.
- Management and staff are following suggested protocol to keep themselves and the public safe, with frequent hand-washing, regular use of sanitizers, and using gloves when needed.
- Staff who are feeling unwell (showing signs of fevers, chills and coughs) are required to stay at home.
- We are limiting all non-essential meetings (and encouraging video calls between team members who do need to meet.)
- Don’t be afraid to come to the movies, remember that we have plenty of room to spread out! Fortunately, we are a mid-sized venue with 306 seats. In order for patrons to easily practice social distancing, we are limiting capacity to 150 (less than half of our seating). It’s easy to leave empty seats between you.
- In an effort to protect yourself and your fellow movie-lovers, we kindly ask that anyone who is not feeling well to please STAY HOME – come back another time, when you’re feeling better!
Links to keep you up to date
Nelson Kootenay Lake Tourism – COVID-19 / Coronavirus Update
BC Centre for Disease Control – About COVID-19 For the Public
Government of Canada – Coronavirus Fact Sheet
Government of BC – Hand Hygiene Fact Sheet
If you have questions you can call the COVID-19 Health Hotline at 1-833-784-4397.
Below are links to more details that are being updated at least daily.