Become A Member Of The Civic
The Civic Theatre is run by the Nelson Civic Theatre Society, a non-profit organization whose mandate is to show films in Nelson and nurture the local community through adjacent programming relevant to film and media creation and appreciation.
Our venue and programming is open to the public, but we are a membership organization. When you become a member of the Nelson Civic Theatre Society, you will receive a discount at the box office, a vote at our AGM, member-only access to monthly film nights, and special offers from local partners throughout the year.
But believe it or not, your membership is worth FAR more than these things: by becoming a member and renewing your membership annually, you reinforce the importance of having a cinema in Nelson and ensure our existence for years to come. In fact, it is because of more than 2,000 local residents purchasing memberships in our first year that our theatre is now open and showing films.
Memberships are annual and can be started or renewed at any time. Memberships can be purchased online through PayPal, or if you prefer, you can download our membership form and mail it or give it to us in person at The Civic Theatre.
Memberships can be purchased with cash, cheque or credit card at the theatre during all open hours.
Five Great Reasons to be a Member
1. A discount at the box office: you can look forward to saving $1 on every ticket that you purchase when you come to the theatre- Membership cards are available straight away!
2. Up to 12 FREE movies over the course of the year. Member Monday screenings are strictly for members only. We’re always plotting the awesome Member Monday gems. What will we bring to the big screen next!
3. Member-only perks, discounts and special offers throughout the year, including Punch Passes for Thursday Nights and our general screenings, only available to members and offering as much as 20 % off on movie tickets, over and above member pricing!
4. A vote at the AGM. This is important because NCTS wants to stay firmly connected with our local community, so your participation at the AGM helps us to serve our membership better.
5. Making a significant difference in the growth of your local cinema. Memberships add up to important income for us that genuinely supports our bottom line. PLUS, a substantial membership is a head-turner when we apply for grants: it is a great indication that our society is important to the community we serve.