Renting Our Space
The Civic Theatre is available for community and corporate rentals throughout the year. We can accommodate film of all shapes and kinds, as well as streamed and in person meeting space rentals.
Our space can be rented daytime weekdays and weekends, as well as many Monday and Wednesday evenings. Our venue is suitable for a wide variety of events and activities. Past rentals have included:
- Town hall & awareness events
- Live concerts
- Film shoots
- Celebrations of life
- Birthday parties
- Youth acting classes
- Film festivals
- Film screenings, often with live conversations or talkbacks
- Live performance rehearsals
Bring your next birthday party or other celebration to The Civic Theatre! We can accommodate all sorts of events, and have hosted weddings, celebrations of life, private birthday screenings, and personal presentations of other kinds.
We can also build your party into one of our regularly-scheduled screenings. We can offer a memorable and easy experience for kids and adults alike, including:
- Tickets for your guests
- Reserved party seating
- A combo of your choice for your guests
- Use of our lobby* for an hour before or after the movie for your own private gathering
*Lobby use is subject to availability and may not be possible before or after some screenings. We will do our best to accommodate your party’s needs.
Party packages start at $150 and range in price depending on group size and concession selections.
For more information or to book your party please contact email: email@example.com
How To Rent The Civic
Please fill out the appropriate form below:
Companies and Organizations: If your event is associated with an organization (ex: school, concert promoter, charity fundraiser)
Individuals: If your event is not associated with an organization (e.g. private family and friends event)
Company and Organization Rental Inquiry Form
Please use the contact form below to arrange a site visit or book our space. We will get in touch with you promptly.
Are you a Not For Profit Organization?
We offer a maximum of three donated evenings each year to local non-profit and charitable organizations for fundraising purposes.
We offer a maximum of three donated evenings each year to local non-profit and charitable organizations for fundraising purposes. To qualify, an applicant must be:
- A Nelson and area non-profit organization or charity
- Planning to use the event for fundraising purposes
- Have evidence of a marketing plan or clear assurance that the event will be well attended
- Able to commit to holding this event on a Monday or Wednesday evening, or during the daytime
Making your request:
- Please make your request through our ticket donation form, telling us about the purpose of your fundraiser, your target audience for screen advertising, and any other relevant information
- It is recommended that you make your request at least 6 weeks in advance of your desired booking date
- Requests are considered on an ongoing basis
- Applications must be for single dates only
- Venue donations will only be given for Monday or Wednesday evenings, or daytime events
- Preference may be given to groups that have not received our support in the past
- Dates may be requested, but venue opportunities are subject to availability
- The Civic Theatre retains the right to not award all three available venue donations in a given year
Using Your Venue Subsidy:
This award is for a basic rental package only. If the plan for your event grows beyond this basic package, additional charges will apply. This may include technical consulting, equipment rental, administrative time, and other expenses.
Please note the following:
- Recipients are entirely responsible for their own marketing
- Recipients agree to adhere to The Civic Theatre’s program recognition terms
- The Civic Theatre’s wordmark must be used in the recipients marketing and adhere to our brand and logo use guidelines
- Subsidy program sponsors or benefactors may be added or changed at any time
- All tickets will be sold through The Civic Theatre’s website and handled by our box office
- Pricing is controlled by the recipient
- A processing fee will be charged for all online ticket purchases to cover paypal and credit card fees
- Concession sales will be managed and retained by The Civic Theatre
- Our 10% commission on third-party sales in our venue is waived for venue subsidy recipients
- Lobby sales opportunities are subject to The Civic Theatre’s approval
- Recipients agree to allow The Civic Theatre to publicize our contribution to your organization and fundraising effort
- Venue donations are non-transferable
- Other conditions may apply
Please fill in our application form, and include the following information:
- The goal of your event
- A description of your target audience
- How a donations will be used (live auction, silent auction, raffle, door prize, etc.)
- Other relevant information