Reporting to the Executive Director, the Communications Assistant provides marketing and communications support for our programming over the summer months, planning for the 2017-18 year, and the preparation of The Civic Theatre’s BC Culture Days weekend and a pilot film festival-style celebration, both taking place in September 2017. This position is full-time for a total of 9 weeks over the summer.
- Supporting the development of the marketing schedule.
- With guidance from staff, creating special event-related on-screen, website and social media advertising content.
- With guidance from staff, implementing marketing initiatives and monitoring effectiveness of marketing plan.
- Assisting in marketing-related sponsorship fulfillment.
- Supporting other marketing-related activities and projects as needed.
The successful candidate will meet the following criteria:
- Be planning to return to school full time in the fall.
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- Excellent time management skill, with attention to details.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to work both independently and part of a team.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Must be organized, and detail-oriented.
- Excellent computer skills.
- WordPress experience is an asset.
- Google drive experience is an asset.
- Previous experience in marketing and communications is an asset.
To apply, please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com by May 26 with the Subject Line “Communications Assistant”.